Sunday, April 3, 2011

10 Steps to Wistful Waves

Step 1: Wash your hair.
I use Redken shampoo and conditioner, blonde glam.
Step 2: Put in some shine/ defrizz products.
I use Bumble and Bumble shine therapy or style serum. Work the product through your hair getting the majority of it on your ends (too much product on the roots can cause your hair to appear greasy!)
Step 3:Air-Dry your mane.
I like to sleep on my hair wet since I wake up so early. It cuts out a step in the morning and therefore allows for more beauty sleep. Imperative.
Step 3: Check out your natural wave.
Most of the time I will already have a good wave or kink going. This is a good day and requires less hot iron work and more natural luster.
Step 4: Heat up your curling iron.
I just use a conair 1" barrel. A professional iron is on my wish list but not at the top, since I'm not looking for ringlets.
Step 5: Curl.
Do not use the clamp on your curling iron at all. simply, choose the section you wish to curl and wrap it around the iron and hold. I typically hold 3 to 5 seconds for a loose curl, depending on how wavy or curly I'm wanting it.
Step 6: Take a handful of curls and give them more volume by pushing them up and kind of messing them up with your fingers. 
Step 7: Use a round brush to tease the crown of your head. This just gives you a little more lift in back. I usually do this when I want my curls to be a little more fancy. When I want more of a long, hippy-style curl I cut out this step.  
Step 8: Run a round brush lightly through your curls. We don't want them to be Shirley Temple ringlets. This allows your hair to fall slightly and flow more easily. 
Step 9: Finish it out with a little hairspray if you want some security but don't overdue it...yuck. 


Step 10: Work it! The best part is this hair will be even better the next day or two! 

No comments:

Post a Comment